All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
- Candidates must be Indian nationals or overseas citizens of India
- Candidate should be of 17 years of age by 31st December of the year of admission. (I.e the year in which the exam is conducted)
- Should have passed or appearing for the 12thClass
- under the 10+2 Scheme/ Senior School Certificate Examination (CBSE) or
- Intermediate Science (I.Sc.) or
- an equivalent Examination of a recognized University/ Board of any Indian State
However the candidates appearing for any of these exams would be considered only when they passed the exam with required percentage.
- Exam would be a computer based test on one day.
- Duration of exam is 03hrs 30mins
- Exam will be conducted in 2 shifts (Morning Shift / First shift : 09:00 AM to 12:30 PM Afternoon Shift / Second shift : 03:00 PM to 06:30 PM )
In exceptional circumstances the test might be conducted on 2 days.
- Paper would consist of 200 Questions with subject wise division as follows
Physics 60 Chemistry 60 Biology 60 General Knowledge 10 Aptitude & Logical Thinking 10
- Each correct response will get a score of 1 mark.
Each incorrect response will get a score of - ⅓ (minus-one-third).
No credit will be given for the questions not answered or marked for review
Scores will be normalised using percentile system so as to have a common merit list for students of both the shifts.
However the cutoff for the exam has to be satisfied by the candidates which are
General Category : 50%
OBC (Non Creamy Layer) : 45%
SC / ST : 40% OPH
|No||Institutes||No of Seats|
|1||AIIMS New Delhi||107|
|1||Online Registration of Applications on AIIMS website www.aiimsexams.org opens||24th January, 2017|
|2||Online Registration of Applications closes||23rd February, 2017 at 5:00 PM|
|3||Status of Registration including rejection / deficiencies in application on AIIMS website||7th March, 2017|
|4||Hosting / Uploading the Admit Cards on AIIMS website www.aiimsexams.org||1st May, 2017|
|5||Date of Entrance Examination||28th May, 2017|
|6||Date of declaration of Result||15th June, 2017|